Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Matthew 11:28

Matthew 11:28 “Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.’”

It’s been about a month since I cleared my schedule of all my ministries. I took a mini-retreat to a friend’s cabin in the mountains over Christmas weekend, just to pray and wrestle with the Lord over what He wants me to do. I didn’t get any definite answers, but He filled me with peace. It’s enough for me to know that He will make Himself clear when the time is right.

The hardest part of resting is that I’m not sure I know how–there’s always something that needs doing. But I can feel a difference already. I went to the grocery store for major shopping and got home in the early evening, with a couple hours left before I had to go to bed. And I started crocheting again, something I haven’t had time for in quite a while.

A friend of mine noticed a change in my voice over just a couple weeks. I laugh more, and I get excited about things, something that’s been missing for a long time.

But one thing has weighed on me, and that’s our GriefShare group. These women had bonded and begun to heal, and they wanted to come for another 13-week session. I knew my giving it up was the right decision, but my friend, who would have taken over the group later, hasn’t healed enough to do that yet. I hated for our church’s GriefShare to stop.

Then last week at church, Sharon, a nurse who works at Camp Pendleton helping with some of the Marine widows, offered to take over GriefShare. She and I had talked a couple months ago about her widows joining our group, but the 13 weeks were almost over. Now, through Sharon, the Lord has given so many people a beautiful gift. He has lifted the last burden from me about my decision. He has given a place for Christian healing that the Marine widows didn’t have, and for the women I had come to love He has provided a way to continue their healing from grief. He is so good!

What burdens do you carry? How heavy is the load? Come to Jesus, lay your weariness on Him, and He will give you rest.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home