Friday, April 29, 2005

Hebrews 12:4-6

In your struggle against sin, you have not resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:

“my son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those He loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.

Verse 7 Endure hardship as discipline, God is treating you as sons, for what son is not disciplined by his father?

A girl told me today that she didn’t feel her mother loved her during her teenage years because her mother did not discipline her. She felt as though love and discipline went together. She said my mother knew all that I was doing and didn’t care enough to do anything about it. It made me think back to my teenage years. My parents did set rules and guidelines. There wasn’t any lack of discipline at our home. Whether we listened to it was another story. But it wasn’t until I learned from the Lord what discipline was, I only took as an act of control and not hate but not love either.

God says He loves those He disciplines. Discipline came in many forms for me. Sometimes I got an actual verbal warning from the Lord…telling me to “learn the Word in its entirety”. He was giving me subtle hints before. I knew I was learning the Word as I should be. I had many books in my closet that was an easier read for me.

I remember before my husband and I were married we had a period where God took us apart for about 3 months. I didn’t understand it all right way…but in time, I had realized for me, why He did it. My now husband, became #1 to me and my relationship with God was slowly but surely becoming second…even though we both love the Lord, this was all new to us and God intervened and broke us up to show both of us what was going on…but that could be a whole other bread….

In short, God disciplines us because He loves us and He truly wants the very best for us. And when we love someone, we do the same because we want what is best for them.

My prayer is that when God disciplines us we seek Him if we do not understand and that we do not let satan take away what God is doing.

Max and Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home