Friday, April 28, 2006

Do you Trust Him?

My 8-year-old son, Casey, is a special needs child. His cognitive development has been challenged, and he does not seem to process information normally. When he gets frustrated with things not going his way, he becomes very aggressive. One minute he will be hugging and kissing everyone in sight (strangers included), and just minutes later he might be totally irate and bite you because he can’t have or do something. He also responds unpredictably to discipline. As patient as I try to be, dealing with this behavior is absolutely one of the most challenging things I have ever encountered. My arms regularly sport bite marks.

Recently, my covenant friend was playing with Casey and he bit her because she wouldn’t let him take her shirt off. After things finally calmed down, she came over to me smiling that she was “anointed” with her first bite mark. She was literally proud of it! Why?

Instantly I knew. You see, I know that God has a plan for Casey that is for His Glory. I know that He has heard the thousands of prayers that hundreds of prayer warriors have prayed for Casey. I know that He has heard my prayers and is in the process of a grand plan for him. My friend knows this too, and her reaction to receiving a bite reminded me of this. Her behavior demonstrated the patience and peace of mind to be calm during the storm. She and I recognize that bites and other events are battles, not wars. Her joy stemmed from having endured a battle, knowing the outcome. The war is already won!

What is the hardest thing in the world for you? What are you doing about it? Have you suffered battle wounds that have left you scarred? Do know that God is aware of all your challenges and has everything under control? Do you know that the outcome is already known to Him and that He wants the best for you? Can you trust that His way is best for you even if it’s not exactly what you have in mind? Do you trust Him?

1 Chronicles 5:20
And they were helped against them, and the Hagrites were delivered into their hand, and all who were with them, for they cried out to God in the battle. He heeded their prayer, because they put their trust in Him.


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.


Jeremiah 17:7-8
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes, But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.


Galatians 6:17b (The Message)
I bear in my body scars from my service to Jesus.


Precious Lord, help us to hold You in the highest level of trust. I pray that we will lay down our needs and wants and allow Your perfect will to be done, with full confidence that it is best for us. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Barb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home