Thursday, March 23, 2006

Psalm 139:14

Psalm 139:14

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful,I know that full well.

My father recently had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery. The day of his bypass surgery, the surgeon gave my daughter and I an update on Dad's progress. The doctor spent a large amount of time explaining, in great detail, how he did the surgery. Now I find this stuff fascinating and as he was describing how they graft veins from other parts of the body onto the heart, I could not help but think about Psalm 139:14. Tiny sutures are used to connect this small blood vessel to the heart. I recently attached a couple of buttons on a shirt but they are already coming off. Dad, good thing you had a real doctor.

God has given us an understanding of how some of the body works. He has also given us insight in how to overcome some of the defects that our bodies develop. His works are wonderful!

Blessings

Mark

Scripture taken from New International Version (NIV) Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home