Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Jeremiah 1:5

Jeremiah 1:5 “’Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.’”

Jeremiah 29:11 “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”

I have a digital camera, and I love it. It has a 10-X zoom that lets me get close to the subject. And I took some pictures with it that really amazed me. They would look stunning as 16 x 20 photos, matted and framed and hanging on my wall. I’ve had plans to get some glossy paper and start with 8 x 10’s and see how they look. But then I learned how to calculate the maximum size I can print, based on the number of pixels in the digital image. The biggest good quality print I can get from my camera is just over 5 x 7, and I’m so disappointed. Because of the limitations of my camera, I’ve had to scale back on my plans.

And it makes me wonder what kind of limitations I’ve placed on the vision God had for me. What did He see when He made me? What did He make me capable of? And is He disappointed when He sees me go only so far and then stop short of all I can do for Him?

Because of my camera, I’m back on my knees asking the Lord questions I don’t remember asking Him before, at least not in the same way. I’ve focused so much on what I love to do that I’ve forgotten to ask what He’d love for me to do. What future does He plan to give me? What did He set me apart to be or do for Him? And how much strength will I need (all of His, certainly) in order to do this?

Where is your focus, and has it limited God’s plans for you? Seek His face. Seek His will. Seek a new look at the vision He has for your life.

May He open our eyes to the light of His glory.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home