Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Going Through The Storm

Matthew 8:24-26 (NASB)
"And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being covered with the waves; but Jesus Himself was asleep. And they came to Him and woke Him, saying, 'Save us, Lord; we are perishing!' He said to them, 'Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?' Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm."

I don't know about you, but today I'm going through a storm. Naturally I don't mean a physical storm (the weather outside is actually quite pleasant for this time of year in Louisville), I'm talking about an emotional/spiritual storm. Boy, is it raging! Here at work I've got server problems hitting me from one side, report issues on another, and the maintenance/programming work I planned to do today is barely touched. At home I've bills to pay, taxes to file, projects to do in the home and the yard, my son's car needs work, my daughter's flunking science (and doing poorly in history) so I'm doing homework with her a couple hours every night, my son's prescription medicine provider was denied by our insurance and we have to "do the dance" to get him the meds he needs. At church (the place where we're supposed to find peace and support) I'm responsible for the study I referenced yesterday, we're going through a transition of leadership on the Worship Ministry Team (I'm in the choir and the Praise Team), I have an Easter special to organize for my Puppet Team, and a Sunday School lesson to prepare for this weekend….'Save me, Lord; I am perishing!'

My guess is, most of you could match me point for point with things that are going on in your life. Fact of the matter is, there are some of you out there who have lists with things on it that I couldn't begin to know how to deal with. Life comes at all of us at a very frenetic pace, and it can be very hard to deal with. What a blessing we have that we don't have to go through it alone. Jesus is by our side through all the trials and all the hardship. He has the ability to calm the storm. He will give you all the strength you need, just trust in Him. Lord knows, I am.

Blessings,
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home