Wednesday, February 15, 2006

God is in control of All Things

When I found out I had cancer, my immediate question was, what did I do to cause this to happen? What can I do to fix it? Is there a right prayer? The list goes on. One day while praying the Lord told me, "do not make you more important than what I've already done." Now I don't know what all that means but the number one thing it did tell me was this, it is always about what He is doing. Always.

When a trial comes along, we do have a choice or choices to make. We can choose to get caught up in the trial and ourselves or we can ask God, what are You doing and please use me.

God is in control of all things.

Coming to understand everything is about God and His purpose in our lives made a huge difference in my life. Until we fully understand that He is in control of it all...everything...including suffering, we may lose sight of what He is doing.

Acts 17:24-26 24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.

No matter how much faith we have, or say the "right" prayer with the "right" heart, we are all going to leave this earth.

My prayer is that we seek God in all things. I pray that we get our eyes off ourselves and our situations and look up to Him and ask Him, what are You doing Lord and use me.

Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home