Friday, May 05, 2006

LOVED!

As I finish the week I am reminded how blessed I am. I have a wonderful healthy family, a roof over my head and a job that pays the bills. Most importantly I have a very real personal relationship with the God of the universe. I am a blessed man indeed. Sometimes, however, I forget about these blessings. I hate to say that I take them for granted because I don't. I know they're there, but I do allow myself to get distracted. I'm drawn away by things of this world. When this happens I feel lonely and very unlovable, and yet God's Word tells me I am loved.

LOVED!
by Shirley Wilson

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Jeremiah 31:3
"Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit." Ephesians 1:13

Everyone knew Rosa's mom loved her. Every school morning she wore a lipstick "kiss" on her cheek. And to be sure, Rosa knew her mom loved her, too. Jeremy also knew his mom loved him. Every day she hid a little note in his lunch box that he opened when lunchtime came.

Some of us frequently forget God's everlasting love for us—particularly when we've failed Him or have done less than a sterling job in our workplace. We may not love ourselves very much at that moment, but we can be assured that He loves us as much when we please ourselves as when we do not.

I have a theory that may or may not be true, that the Apostle John called himself "the disciple Jesus loved" to remind himself of God's incredible affection for him. Perhaps we, each one, need to consider ourselves: "the worker Jesus loves."

How would that thought help you through your workday? Can you overcome your own weaknesses, the underestimation of others, and the hardness of a lonely day when you remember God's unconditional love? Ask Him to give you a tangible reminder of His constant love. With that assurance, we need little else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home