Monday, October 09, 2006

John 4:23

John 4:23 - But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

I was riding in a Christian brother’s car this morning when the song “Majesty” came on and I started to sing along: “Majesty, worship His majesty….”

That’s as far as I got before my friend stopped me. “NO, no, wait!” he said. “Do you hear yourself? You’re singing it like a mere human!”

I looked at him funny because I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he explained, “I was driving through the desert last night when this song came on. All of a sudden, the Holy Spirit came over me and I saw the throne room. I saw God in all His glory, surrounded by His angels, and they were bowing before Him singing, ‘Majesty… Worship His majesty… ”

The awe and reverence in my friend’s voice pierced my heart. How often have I sung worship songs with no more thought or reverence than a secular song?

“Sing it like you’re in the throne room,” he told me. And from now on, I will.

Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home