Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Your Spiritual Super Bowl

"Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Well, I do not run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air; but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." I Corinthians 9:25-27

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Jacksonville, Florida…the home of the 39th Super Bowl! Even if you’re not a football fan, it’s impossible to escape the contagious enthusiasm of "the Super Bowl’s comin’ to town!" here in Jacksonville! Professional athletes privately train during the "off season", go to spring training early in the year, attend grueling summer training, then practice and play endlessly, ruthlessly from August through January for the opportunity of playing in the ultimate football game: the Super Bowl!

There is a Heaven…and an Opposite (Hell). This life is our training ground, our practice field. No one forces us. We are creatures of free choice. We choose whether we will serve God in whatever we do…or the opposite. There is no in-between ("I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot….So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16). Science confirms the atom never dies. It only alters form. When our existence in this life stops, we continue on in an altered form. What will that form be for you? It’s your choice. Heaven is eternally serving and honoring God, Hell is the opposite. Which is your current existence? It will be your eternal existence.

Blessings Always
in All Ways,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home