Wednesday, March 16, 2005

James 5:16b

James 5:16b “The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.”

Mark 9:24 “Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, ‘I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!’”

It’s hard to know what I feel. Words come to mind: weary, discouraged, losing hope. But these words don’t fit. I’m sick at heart and I’m not quite sure why. It hasn’t been that rough a day. I had a few setbacks–nothing that I wouldn’t normally bounce back from.

I have a blog (http//skyepuppy.blogspot.com) and I usually post something during my lunch hour. The focus of it isn’t Christian. It’s just whatever is on my mind at lunchtime, like politics, quirky news, or what’s going on in my life. I haven’t had time to post anything for a while, so I finally typed something at lunch, but when I hit the “Publish Post” button, the system crashed and lost what I wrote.

On the way home, I stopped to pay for the carpet I ordered, but the person I needed wasn’t there and there were problems with the paperwork, and the person who was there said I would have to move all the furniture, not just most of it, out of the house on installation day. And I just couldn’t bear that thought today.

Meanwhile, I promised a friend I’d pray for her and her husband (who just left her) as they go to a marriage counselor. With my sickness of heart, I finally broke down during my prayer for my friends and pleaded with the Lord not to let my heart get in the way of my prayers. I asked Him to let my prayers “avail much” in spite of me, and I kept on praying for my friends.

I’d like to say I felt peace through my prayer time, but I didn’t. And that’s what faith sometimes is–trusting that God answers prayers for His name’s sake and not for ours.

Are you weary to your soul? Come to the Lord in prayer. Stay in prayer, no matter how you feel. The Lord is not about feelings. He is about faith.

May you trust only in Him.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home