Friday, April 08, 2005

Luke 21:25 & 29-35

25 "Then there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars; and there will be anguish on the earth among nations, bewildered by the roaring sea and waves.

29 Then He told them a parable: "Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. 30 As soon as they put out leaves you can see and know for yourselves that summer is already near. 31 In the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 I assure you: This generation will certainly not pass away until all things take place. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 34 "Be on your guard, so that your minds are not dulled from carousing, drunkenness, and worries of life, or that day will come on you unexpectedly 35 like a trap. For it will come on all who live on the face of the whole earth.

One of the most amazing things about studying the Word of God is that each time you read it you see something new. As I went to pull my scripture text of Luke 21:29-35, verse 25 jumped out at me and I could not help but include it as well. The majority of the chapter is devoted to the disciples asking Jesus about the end time and when it will come. Jesus describes various events that will take place, but says that no man will know the time. He does say though, that we will see the season approaching and we will be able to tell by the signs around us. I have written more than once in these journals about prophecy being fulfilled around me. I feel with everything in me that the time is short. If your first response to that is disbelief,

2 Peter 3:3 First, be aware of this: scoffers will come in the last days to scoff, following their own lusts, 4 saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they have been since the beginning of creation."

Today is the time and now is the hour. If you are one who is waiting to get right with God, I urge you to do it now. If you are saying “I’ll do something for God right after __________”, I’m telling you to do it now.

People get ready, Jesus is coming.

Sincerely,
Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home