Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Psalm 38:15

Psalm 38:15 "I will wait for you, O Lord; you will answer O Lord my God.”

Psalm 130:5-6 “I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.”

I’m writing this as I sit in the airport waiting for my flight. I shared a taxi to the airport with another woman whose flight was earlier than mine, so that gave me lots of waiting time. And although I feel ready to go, the airline isn’t ready for me yet. They’re working, doing things I’m not aware of to bring everything together at just the right time to get me home.

The plane I’m going to fly on hasn’t arrived yet, and the crew I’ll have may still be flying in from another place. My luggage will be loaded and the food will be placed on board while I’m sitting by the gate or finding my seat on the plane. When all the details have been worked out and everything is ready, then the plane will leave.

Our lives are like this. We feel ready for things to happen. We tell the Lord it’s time now. But He works behind the scenes, putting things in place, getting together the people who will be part of our lives, and even cleaning us up some before He declares that the time is right.

Do you find yourself impatient with the Lord’s timing in your life? Stop and consider that the Lord will act when He knows is best for action.

Trust Him, and may you see the blessing of waiting on Him.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home