Monday, March 27, 2006

Psalms 139:13-14

Psalms 139:13-14
13 For it was You who created my inward parts;You knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise You,because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made.Your works are wonderful, and I know [this] very well.

Job 1:21 saying:Naked I came from my mother's womb,and naked I will leave this life.The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away.Praise the name of the Lord.

Thursday March 9th my daughter was admitted into the hospital in pre-term labor. They managed to hold her off for a few days but on Sunday March 12th my first grandchild, Angelica Marie Lopez was born at 26 weeks gestation, 2 lbs and 14 inches long.

The three days before she was born were a great test of submission. My will said stop the labor! Keep her in there! My mind raced through the possibilities of having a severely medically challenged child. Would she live? Would there be problems?

However, we had to realize that if there was an infection or other reason that she was trying to come early, it would actually be better for her to be born. So ultimately, I had to pray "Lord, let Your will be done."

She was born breathing and has not had to be intubated which is such a miracle that the nursery argued her gestational age. She does have issues with apnea and they may have to do surgery next week to close a valve in her heart, but God has already proven Himself in her life. In doing so, He once again has shown me that He is God. This is a scary, stressful time of trial but I know a God who will stand firm with me, let me cry out to Him and ultimately, hopefully, teach me to trust Him more.

Sincerely,

Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home