Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Worshipping/Praying to Idols

5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus…1 Timothy 2

Worshipping/Praying to Idols

Mark 7 – I encourage all of you to read this chapter.

6 He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: This people honors Me with their lips ,but their heart is far from Me. 7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’[b] 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men, the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.

I was born and raised Catholic. Traditions of Catholics are praying to Mother Mary and to the Saints. I say tradition because the Word of God makes no mention of praying to anyone or worshipping anyone other than He. I was raised to pray to Mother Mary and the Saints by my mom and dad who were taught by their mom and dad. My parents cannot tell me where this came from or why they pray to as they do…they do it because they were taught by men to do so.

My mom and dad both have given their lives to the Lord and I see the Lord working in their lives and it brings joy to my heart. I: Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Phil 1:6

21 And he walked in all the way that his father walked in, and served the idols that his father served, and worshipped them: 22And he forsook the LORD God of his fathers, and walked not in the way of the LORD. 2 Kings

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Col 2:8

The only way to God is through Christ Jesus.

I know there are many things that I too need to learn. Things I am certain are not true to the Word. That is why we need to be saturated in the Word and know the Word. Each of us has a gift to bring to another brother or sister something the Lord has given us. We need to share that with each other because we are one through Christ.

My prayer is that we know the love of God through His Word and know that through Christ Jesus, we are made clean and beautiful able to come to Him in Faith. That we stay true to the Word as God has given us and we stop praying to anyone other than He.

Max and Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home