Thursday, August 10, 2006

Creation 4

Dear Bread reader: Please join the entire "Bread Family" as we thank Lori for 8 years of serving God in the Bread ministry! Lori will be enjoying a period of rest away from "baking breads" (as we call it) to recharge and refresh. She looks forward to returning once her sabbatical is over. We can't thank Lori enough for her faithful service these many years. God Bless You, Lori!

Your friends from the Bread.

***

Upon returning home from my fun in the sun vacation I unpacked my shorts and sandals and suddenly my heart longed for fall. I am longing for change. The chill in the air. The burning colors of the trees. Fall represents a time of renewal for me. A time of change. The summer has gone and now there is a transition time before you buckle down for winter. I also feel that fall is a time to start over again. Yet, everyday with the Lord is a new day. Each morning we can get up and have a fresh beginning. Anytime we fall down and sin God gives us the opportunity through confession and repentance to start again. We don’t have to wait until January 1st or even for a change in season. We can turn to Him at any moment. Praise God that He is a God of new beginnings and fresh starts at any second.

Lamentations 3

21 Yet this I call to mindand therefore I have hope: 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;therefore I will wait for him." 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home