Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Romans 12:12

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.

Ephesians 6:18 With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and stay alert in this, with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints.

1 Peter 4:7 Now the end of all things is near; therefore, be clear-headed and disciplined for prayer. (CSB)

I've had a busy summer. Since I was not working in June, I was able to go for two weeks to help at both our Youth and Children's camps. They were both awesome and while I worked very hard, I was also abundantly blessed.

While at camp, I did lots of praising and worshipping, but not a lot of solid prayer. When I got back, I was praying. I told God how I had missed my intimate time with Him and got a rather shocking reply. "It's not about you." When the message got through I cried. You see, I had been telling Him that I missed the clarity, the peace, the power and the presence that I get when I spend honest time in prayer every day. That I missed the benefits it gave me. What He impressed upon me was that this was a very selfish attitude. You see, more important than the fact that I loose my personal benefits if I slack on my prayer time is the fact that my pastor doesn't get one more prayer for protection. My prayer team doesn't get one more prayer for unity. My church doesn't get one more prayer for revival and my city doesn't have one more warrior coming against the strongholds that have it bound. It's not that I have the ability in myself, but when I become a willing vessel in prayer, God can work mighty things through me.

Unfortunately, working two jobs, six days a week as I have been since I returned from camp, I'm still struggling to return to the awesome schedule I had in early summer. I won't give up though. Too much is riding on it.

James 5:56 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The intense prayer of the righteous is very powerful. (CSB)

In His service for His glory,
Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home