Wednesday, July 19, 2006

II Timothy 1:3-4

II Timothy 1:3-4 “Timothy, I thank God for you. He is the God I serve with a clear conscience, just as my ancestors did. Night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. I long to see you again, for I remember your tears as we parted. And I will be filled with joy when we are together again.”

Titus 3:15 “Everybody here sends greetings. Please give my greetings to all of the believers who love us. May God’s grace be with you all.”

Psalm 46:10a “Be still, and know that I am God.”

One of the missions my church supports is a minister, Jerzy, in northeast Poland. Another couple from my church and I visited “our” Polish church in 1997 and felt right at home despite the language difference.

A few months ago we learned that Jerzy’s church will be celebrating its 60th anniversary this September 24th with a big event. When some of the leaders of our missions committee asked what we could give them for their anniversary, they said they didn’t want any gifts. What they longed for was for some of our church members to come and celebrate with them.

One of my fellow travelers from ’97 asked if I’d be able to go, but I couldn’t commit to anything. For a month I put her off, because I didn’t even know what state I’d be living in by September. I wrote a Bread last time about the turmoil I had been in and how the Lord finally got through to me that I needed to “Be still.”

Once I was still and not looking for another job, I was able to say, “Yes, I’ll go to Poland.” And then two other ladies decided to join me, so I won’t have to travel alone. Then I learned that some of the Christians we had met the last time, in Warsaw and in eastern Poland, will be helping us get around in September.

I’m so excited about seeing my Christian brothers and sisters again, and about introducing them to my new traveling companions. I’ll be filled with joy when we’re together again. And the three of us California ladies will be bringing greetings to the Polish church from our own, and no doubt we’ll bring greetings back with us.

And it’s all because the Lord finally got through this thick skull of mine and told me to be still. To seek Him. To wait for His leading. And when I did, He poured out His blessings. He is so good!
What message is the Lord trying to get through to you? What other Christians might He want you to greet or lift up or encourage? Are you keeping so busy that nothing can get through the whirlwind of your life? Take some time to be still and seek out His will. Let Him use you to be a blessing to someone else, and see how He fills you with joy as you do.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home