Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Believing is Seeing

“For Thou art great and doest wondrous things, Thou alone art God.” Psalm 86:10

“Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, Who alone does wondrous things!” Psalm 72:18

I still can hear Oral Roberts, the well-known evangelist from Oklahoma, saying, “Expect a miracle!” each time he signed off on his television show. I remember getting a little tired of hearing that constantly. As I’ve grown in life and spiritually, I don’t snicker at him anymore. It’s so true.

I reflect back to the disciples, what a motley crew they were! They wandered around Galilee and Jerusalem with Jesus for a few years witnessing His miraculous works and literally, miracles. Then, “when the going gets tough, the tough got going”---they deserted Him, only in three days to once again marvel at His Resurrection Power over this world. Then, a few days later, as they watch Him ascend into Heaven…all they can do is stand in awe, amazed…again.

Any serious Christian cannot help but wonder about the disciples…but we’d be better to wonder with them. I’ve come to appreciate how God does indeed bring blessing after blessing into the life of a believer everyday….every moment of every day. These days when I go to bed at night, I thank God for the good that He will bring me tomorrow. Each morning, I thank Him in advance for the good awaiting me that day. And, you know what? He really does make it happen! But anyone who doesn’t expect it…who doesn’t believe He really does this…s/he will not recognize when the goodness comes right before their eyes. “He who has ears to hear let him hear” (Matthew 15), “Blessed are your eyes, for they see…” (Matthew 13:16).

Doubting Thomas kind da’ had it backwards: seeing isn’t believing…believing is seeing!

Blessings Always in All Ways,
Steve
<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home