Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Creation 3

Driving home from vacation last week we ran into a few patches of rain. At one point as we were coming out of a hard rain ahead of us was a beautiful rainbow. I’m always reminded of the promise and sign to Noah in the Old Testament when I see a rainbow. Even now in 2006 God is still keeping promises that He made with mere humans so many years ago. Seeing those beautiful colors across the sky remind me that we serve a faithful God. One who is consistent. Faithfulness and consistency are qualities that sometimes we lack in our world. Knowing that God loves us and will remain with us through good and bad times is a wonderful thing to just consider. Even when we have walked away from God or aren’t consistent on our time with Him, He does not reject us. He patiently waits for our return. No condemnation. Just love and sometimes when we are lucky we catch a glimpse of Him in the multicolored sky of a rainbow. Praise the One who is Faithful and True.

Genesis 9
12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."


Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home