Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hebrews 5:5, 7-9

Hebrews 5:5, 7-9
So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest… who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

1 Corinthians 11:24
and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
----------------------------------------------------------
Did you ever wonder why Jesus had such a difficult life--much harder than any of us? Why would that be part of God's plan?

A wonderful Christian sister recently sent me the book, “The Smith Wigglesworth Standard.” Wigglesworth was born in 1859 and passed away in 1947. During those 87 years, he raised at least 14 people from the dead, healed thousands, and led thousands more to the Lord. At one point, someone asked Smith the secret of his success and power. He replied:

“I am sorry you asked me that question, but I will answer it. I am a brokenhearted man. My wife, who meant everything to me, died eleven years ago. After the funeral, I went back and lay on her grave. I wanted to die there, but God spoke to me and told me to rise up and come away. I told Him if He would give me a double portion of the Spirit—my wife’s and my own—I would go and preach the gospel. God was gracious to me and answered my request. But I sail the high seas alone. I am a lonely man, and many a time all I can do is to weep and weep."

Almost two years after his wife Polly’s death, their youngest son George died. Wigglesworth said,

It seems to me as if I had had a thousand road engines come over my life to break me up like a potter’s vessel. There is no other way into the deep things of God but a broken spirit.” (from “The Wigglesworth Standard,” by Peter J. Madden, 1993.)

Did you catch that? A broken spirit is the ONLY WAY into the deep things of God. Through His brokenness, Jesus was perfected, He learned obedience, and He became the author of eternal salvation.

Through his brokenness, Wigglesworth received a powerful anointing to evangelize, heal, and raise the dead. Have you been broken? If so, then you’re ready to be filled. Ask the Lord for every spiritual gift and every ounce of anointing power available to you.

Your fellow servant in Christ,

Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home