Friday, December 01, 2006

Psalm 119: 133

Psalms 119:133
Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me.


Psalms 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.


In the 10 plus years I have lived for the Lord I have tried to let Him direct my steps. My daily prayer is for Him to lead me where He wants me to be. When I lost my job in April, I had a peace about it because I knew He would be faithful to supply my needs.

Philippines 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus


I started serving at a restaurant about 30 miles away in a suburb to Albuquerque. Serving has been a nice change of pace. I am up and moving, I get to interact with people and best of all, men get to control my salary. You see, in Luke 6:38, I have another promise from God.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

It's been fun to be literal about that. When I get asked why my tips are consistently high I have a good opportunity to give God glory. However, for the long term, I don't have paid holidays, benefits, sick days or weekends so I have told my boss that I would need to get back to a desk job in January. I got a call a couple of days ago from an agency looking to fill a non-profit position and they were very pleased with my interview. What I pray and ask of you to pray for me is that I am sensitive to His leading for my life. More than I want riches, comfort or material goods I want to know that my life made a difference in His Kingdom. I like the non-profit sector because they are about helping those less fortunate. Pray that if this is God's will the door would open and if not it would shut tightly and the perfect one would open.

You see, I have the best promise of all:

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

I know God's promises are true and real and I will stand and watch the future and hope that He delivers. As the hectic month flies by, remember that God clothed Himself in flesh to take our sins. What a Mighty God we serve!

In His Service,
For His Glory,

Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home