Thursday, November 16, 2006

Matthew 14:13 - 14

Matthew 14:13 - 14 “When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.”

I’ve been trying to get ready for a trip to my denomination’s National Missionary Convention, but the time I need for preparing keeps getting eaten away. My job demands so much extra time, and then the little emergencies of life eat up more time.

Last night, instead of being able to finish up my last-minute reservations, my daughter’s friend who lives with us needed to talk about her relationships, and I listened, and then I noticed my dog panting and shaking uncontrollably, so I had to take her to the pet emergency hospital. We were there long enough that I was too tired when I got home to do anything but sleep.

Today I hoped to leave work early, so I could finish getting ready, but that didn’t happen. And as I walked out to my car, I had such a longing to get away alone and pray. Some time to be quiet, to listen for His voice and find out if I still remember the sound of it. It seems so long. When I realized how much I missed my time with Him, I had to fight back the tears.

On my drive home, I had the Christian music station on, and the Lord spoke to me through the songs they played. He had compassion on me, the way Jesus had compassion on the crowd. And after He restored my soul through the music, He helped me have compassion on the girls when I got home.

Is your life too busy for you to spend time with the Lord? Are you letting the demands of the people around you build resentment in your heart, or compassion? Come to the Lord--briefly if that’s all the time you have--and let Him heal and restore you. Then let Him help you be a blessing to the people in your life.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home