Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Stand and Testify, Part 3

Today's writer is Kelle . Enjoy the blessing:

Isaiah 25:1 (NLT)
O Lord, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."


"My son was in the Army and fresh out of boot camp. When the war in Iraq broke out he was in the first wave of soldiers to be deployed. I was not so worried about what would happen because I knew it was God’s will, what I was concerned about was the fact that he himself had not been Saved. During his time in Iraq communication with my son was limited so when his father (my ex-husband) became ill with cancer, I had to contact the Red Cross for him to be brought home for 10 days. During that time, I requested that my son attend Church with myself and my youngest son (who was saved by this time). He hesitantly said yes only after I told him I spoke with the Pastor and requested the “snakes and potions” be omitted from this service. During invitation I received the greatest gift when my oldest son went to the alter and my youngest son ministered to him. My son was saved and I knew even though he had to return to Iraq, no matter what happened he would forever walk with our Gracious and Merciful Lord."

This one means a lot to me as I have a brother who has completed 3 tours in Iraq and is not saved. Praise the Lord Kelle can enjoy the peace that comes from knowing her son is saved.

Blessings,
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home