Wednesday, October 18, 2006

James 1:2 - 4

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18


Dear Father God, we come before Your Heavenly Throne to give You thanks. We know that all we are going through is Your will for us in Christ Jesus. Thank You Lord for giving up Your life so that we may have life. Help us to find joy in our trials and to rest in knowing that Your purpose is far greater than anything else Lord. Please draw us close to You and reveal Your purpose for our lives as we seek Your face. It is in Jesus’ name that we ask these things. Amen.

The Word is my Comfort. When I need comfort, peace and rest, I know I can go to His Word and curl up in His presence and know that I am safe no matter what is going on around me. His love is far greater than I can imagine. His love is the same today as it was yesterday. There isn’t anything I can do to make Him love me anymore than He already does.

During our trials let us remember Who it is that put us there. Let us seek Him and His purpose and find rest in knowing He is in control. When you enter a trial, know that it is God’s hand in Your life and ask Him to reveal to You His purpose. If you are put in a circumstance with someone else, ask God, why am I in this person’s life? How Lord, do You want me to touch this person? Ask why Lord, am I here in this trial or circumstance. Seek Him. Nothing we do is random. No one we meet is random. Who are we touching for the Kingdom of God? Who is God using us for? When I take “I” out of it and replace it with God, it makes all the difference. I can’t find anything else more rewarding than doing His work.

There are times we will get overwhelmed and not even realize it. I know a couple of weeks ago, I did exactly that. I was completely overwhelmed with things going on in my life and I thought I cannot handle one more thing…and in a dream God gave me Hebrews 4:

1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

He gave me all of Hebrews 4 but I gave you just a few Scriptures out of it. I encourage you all to read the full chapter. For we, which have believed do enter into rest. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
What an awesome God we serve. Lord, thank You so much for Your love, mercy, grace and the list is endless. Help us enter into Your rest. Thank You for Your Word and for all You are doing in our lives. May we consider it all pure joy. Amen.

Mercy Me – The Promise I love you and I will never leave you nor forsake you. I love you. And I will never leave you. You are My child. You are My child. When you’re down, when your heart is broken, when no one seems to care, please know that I love You. You are My child. You are my child. I want to wrap My arms around you. I want to wrap My arms around you and say everything, everything will be alright, ‘cause you are My child…you are My child….let Me wipe those tears from your eyes…let Me wipe those tears from your eyes…come to Me. Come to Jesus, come to Me.

Max and Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home