Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Exodus 3:6 - 8

6 Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God. 7 The LORD said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey— Exodus 3

but when we cried out to the LORD, he heard our cry and sent an angel and brought us out of Egypt. "Now we are here at Kadesh, a town on the edge of your territory. Numbers 20:16

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:7


My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Psalm 84:2

It will be a sign and witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them. Isaiah 19:20

I sometimes think we confuse crying out to the Lord as a lack of faith and trust in Him. It is the total opposite. As I sat here thinking about how these two things can be confused, I went to His Word. As you can see from above and throughout many more Scriptures we are to CRY out to Him. Crying and carrying the burden of others is not a lack of faith but an answer to obedience to His Word. Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. I am concerned that because we have such great faith and are told we need to have thankfulness in all things, that we forget our world needs us to cry out to the Lord and the children of God need to carry the burdens of others.

On one hand my mom is doing well. The chemo has taken care of the cancer in her body but we are still dealing with a tumor that is creating a lot of problems within her. My dad calls me daily to tell me how mom is doing. She cannot complete a full sentence. She falls down all the time. She thinks she can do things like getting dressed on her own but when she tried the other day she fell into a full size mirror and it fell off the wall. Thank God it missed her head and just barely scraped her back. Her glasses were broke but other than that, she is she was not hurt. When she eats her cereal is all over the floor and when she attempts to get coffee she puts the pot on the counter instead of where it should go. The other night dad called and said her leg was swollen. I told him to call her doctor right away. They thought it could be blood clot and had to rush her to the hospital. She got so upset she had a couple of very bad seizures. I called my brother who lives in the same town and he met them there. When I talk to her on the phone many times she does not make sense but many times she does. I know 100% God is in control of her situation. I know 100% that God’s will is being done. But I pray to the Lord that, that doesn’t stop me from helping them carry their burdens and that it doesn’t stop my heart from breaking and crying out to the only One who can save her. What a sin it would be for me not pray for her daily and cry out to the Lord. I pray that my total trust in knowing He is in control doesn’t make me forget what He has called me to do…cry out to Him, help carry their burdens and praying without ceasing.

My prayer is that we cry out to the Lord for those who are suffering, for those who do not know the Lord, for this world, for the children who are being abused right now, for the poor, for the lonely, for the sick, and the list goes on. My prayer is that we will cry out to the Lord and ask Him to have the Spirit lead us in prayer to know how to pray for others. I pray that we ask the Lord to show us where we are to go and carry the burdens of others. My prayer is that He will make us more like Him.

Tammy and Max

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home