Monday, October 16, 2006

Ecclesiastes 5:2

Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:2

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, James 1:19

Have we given our speech to God? How often are we hurt and discouraged by the words of others? How often do we hurt and discourage with our own words?

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. Daniel 10:12

My eyes are awake through the night watches,That I may meditate on Your word. Psalm 119:148

7 And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath 8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job. 9 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the LORD commanded them: the LORD also accepted Job. 10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

I encourage each of us to pray and seek the Lord before we speak. Let’s each day give our words and thoughts to God. Once we begin to do this I am certain it will be a life long journey. God will work this out in us if we humble ourselves before Him and ask Him to begin this change within us. Words can either lift up or tear down. Words can either be the Words of God or words from our own hearts. Which one are we speaking?

My prayer is that we look closely at what we are saying to one another and what we are saying to our awesome Father. I pray that we allow God to change how we speak to one another and to Him. That He put in us a desire to speak only when he tells us to. That we lift up and not tear down. That we love with our Words.

Tammy and Max

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home