Friday, October 27, 2006

On Daddy’s Feet

Visualize with me a three-year-old little girl standing on the tops of her daddy’s feet, with her tiny heels nestled into the folds of his ankles. Holding her by the hands, Daddy takes a step with his right foot, then with his left, then his right, then his left, as they glide about the room. As he walks, his little princess walks. Where he moves, she moves. The effort of this daddy-daughter duet is all Daddy’s. The little one is literally being carried along on her daddy’s feet. All she has to do is remain surrendered to the experience. She’s thrilled at the fun of it all and squeals in enjoyment as he moves her about. She gleefully asks that he go a certain way, and he complies, to her delight. And be sure, her daddy is getting as much pleasure in the experience as his little one. But then, for her own good, he moves in a direction different than she requests, and we hear her tiny voice call out, “Go this way, Daddy. No, not that way, this way. Daddy, where are we going?”

You and I have a heavenly Daddy who wants to walk us, like that little girl, into our destinies as we stand atop His feet. He longs to walk us into and through all our life experiences; so that where He walks, we walk, and where He moves, we move. There will be occasions when He will walk us on the path we envision, as we rejoice with great delight. There will be other times, however, that for our own good, He will not respond to our bidding, “Go this way, Daddy. No, not that way, this way. Daddy, where are we going?” We must, nevertheless, yield to what He has for that moment, trusting that His way is perfect. As we remain surrendered to the experience, we will inevitably find ourselves again thrilled at the fun of it all and squealing in enjoyment.

Psalm 18:29-36 (Amplified)
29For by You I can run through a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. 30As for God, His way is perfect! The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him. 31For who is God except the Lord? Or who is the Rock save our God, 32The God who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect? 33He makes my feet like hinds' feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places. 34He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 35You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand has held me up; Your gentleness and condescension have made me great. 36You have given plenty of room for my steps under me, that my feet would not slip.

Abba Father, may we ever abide on, and trust in, Your lovely feet. For in that place of trust, we become like Jesus, doing only what we see our Father doing and speaking only what we hear our Father saying. In Christ’s name. Amen

Barb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home