Friday, October 20, 2006

Luke 8:14

Luke 8:14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.

After reading this verse I thought how often does God speak to me and I am overwhelmed with joy but then soon realize I am being choked by life’s worries. How many times are we in the middle of something before we cling to God and His Word? How often do we meditate on His Word to continually keep us? Our lives get busy fast.

As many of you know from the breads, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in August of 2005. Just when I think I am to get on with my life, I was told I was positive for the gene mutation. For me that means many things. The first thing that had to be done was a hysterectomy. I had the operation on October 4th and was told I couldn’t do anything for six weeks. Well, I was up and doing fine the next day. So, you can imagine now that more than a week has passed, sitting here doing nothing has been hard. Then I said to my husband, I have no peace sitting here at home doing nothing. He said, you need to speak to God about that. He was right. God has quieted my world and yet the time I have spent with Him as been so little. He has so much peace to give me. He has so much love to shower me with but yet, I got choked by life’s worries. So, the rest of my time resting, will be resting in His Word and in His presence. I need to be thankful for being able to have this time alone with Him and allow Him to shower me over and over with His Blood and His Word and His Peace and His purpose. I need my Dad to hold me. I need to curl up in His arms and rest. I have a lot ahead of me and I need my Father. I need my Father to guide me. I need to be quiet and let Him tell me what He needs to tell me.

When in your life has God given you “quiet” time? When He does, what are you doing? Watching t.v.? Reading a good mystery novel?? Tinkering around the house? What is taking up your quiet time? My prayer is that we realize when God has given us our quiet time and use it to be with Him. Turn off the t.v. and the computer and whatever else we do in our “free” time and give it to God.

With much Love,
Tammy and Max

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home