Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Colossians 3:15

Colossians 3:15 (English Standard Version) English Standard Version (ESV) The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.

15And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

What is this “peace of Christ” and how does one find it? I don’t know about you but I am amazed at the pace in which our lives move. My family has been trying to spend an evening with some friends but they have so many activities that it has taken us months to finally make it happen. Even though my life is fairly low key, I find it difficult to spend time just enjoying God’s creation.

Michael Card wrote a song called “In Stillness and Simplicity” which really addresses the benefits of slowing down.

In stillness and simplicity, in the silence of the heart I see. The mystery of eternity who lives inside of me. In stillness and simplicity, I hear the Spirit’s silent plea that You, oh Lord, are close to me, in stillness and simplicity.

You’re the Word who must be heard by those who listen quietly. Is the reason we’re not still to hear You speak because we don’t believe You will.

In stillness and simplicity, I lose myself in finding Thee. Oh Lord, You mean so much to me in stillness and simplicity. So, seek the One who dwells in you, the kingdom that’s within is true. That innermost reality, in stillness and simplicity.

It is raining today. I think I will grab a cup of coffee, go watch some rain fall and see what God has to say. Won't you join me?

Blessings

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home