Thursday, February 10, 2005

Acts 17:11

Acts 17:11
The people here were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, since they welcomed the message with eagerness and examined the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.


Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

I owe y'all an apology, and luckily I am able to give it. Normally we write our Breads a week in advance and they are sent out. However, I am running behind (as usual) and am working "current time". God causes all things to work together for good, and this week I know the good.


I had a question yesterday about Monday's Bread to the effect of "Where in the scriptures was a promise given to Terah?" I thought I knew where it said "Get ye up and go to a land which I will show you." To my surprise, when I looked I couldn't find it.


I found myself guilty of mixing past teaching with a fuzzy knowledge of scripture to come up with something that fit the message I wanted to convey. That's why you need to know your Bible for yourself. I would never knowingly mislead anyone, and the point of the Bread did not change, but if you do not search the scripture for yourself daily, you are liable to start believing misinformation.


Iron sharpens iron. We need to keep each other sharp and make sure we are not adding to this Gospel or taking away from it. That will only happen if you know what it says to begin with. Thank you to the gentleman who pointed out my error and my apologies once again. Read Your Bible!


Sincerely,

Deborah


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home