Friday, February 04, 2005

My Septic Is Backing Up - God Is The Master Septic Fixer

I want to start this week's final Bread by thanking you all for your encouragement and kind thoughts. This has been a very challenging week (both personally--I was sick most of the week--and professionally), and yet God has given me the strength (once again) to get through it (to His glory). By now I think many of you have drawn the same conclusion I have (if you haven't please take no offense) that your septic is backing up too. Don’t be discouraged brothers and sisters. You're not alone. It is a condition that's common to man, and it can be fixed.


1Corinthians 10:12-13 (NASB)Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall. No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.


Roman 7:23-25 (NASB)but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.


1John 1:9 (KJV)If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Galatians 5:24-25 (NASB)Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.


The truth is that once sludge is in your leach field, it will never function properly again until you get the sludge out. For this purpose, I'm glad there are people who dedicate their careers to fixing these types of problems. Even though I have a "do-it-yourself" nature, I know when I'm in over my head. I have neither the ability nor the desire to get "down and dirty" with my septic system. I need a professional.


Maybe you're at a point where you're in over your head. You know your septic system needs to be fixed, but you realize you can't do it on your own. God is the best in the business for cleaning out your spiritual septic system. He has the best staff (Jesus and the Holy Spirit), and He's available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. He'll come anytime you call and clear out the sludge build-up in your heart. It doesn't matter how many years it's been sitting their rotting away at your joy. It doesn't matter how long you've lived without peace. Call on him today and enjoy a guilt-free relationship with the Father. You can begin enjoying endless showers of His blessings today.


May God bless you all, and give you a wonderful weekend.

Bill


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home