Thursday, March 17, 2005

Ephesians 4:26a

Ephesians 4:26a “And ‘don’t sin by letting anger gain control over you.’”

I’ve been angry lately. I didn’t realize it until today, but now I can see that I’ve been so frustrated by the way my life has been going, that it’s been leaking out all over the place.

What opened my eyes was an incident involving my daughter. She was in the mall a couple weeks ago and was pressured to upgrade her wireless service by a guy who kept her cell phone apart until he finally realized that her “no” meant no. Or so we thought. Then she got a letter from the wireless company thanking her for her application for service. By the time I finished with an unproductive call to their customer service, I was livid.

And that’s not like me. I roll with the punches and don’t let things get to me. My anger tells me that something is wrong.

It would be easy to blame this on work, with its pressure, or on my long commute, but that would be taking the easy route. Ultimately, the trouble is inside of me. Because the truth is, I’m dissatisfied with God’s plan for my life right now. And rather than rail at God, I’ve been lashing out about customer service people, my job, and my commute.

And so I need to get back on my knees–again–and wrestle with God until I come around and agree with Him that His will is best.

Where are you fighting God’s will? Let your struggle continue until you finally realize you can only win when He wins.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home