Friday, June 17, 2005

Fight Back

Revelation 12:10-11
10Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony…

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

The timing of the Breads is always interesting. I’m actually a week behind, so this Bread is being written in “real time”—meaning I’m writing this the day before you read it. Which is good, because the Lord gave me a refresher course on a very important message this morning.

Several weeks ago, I was having persistent heart palpitations and shortness of breath. On the urging of my pastor and some friends from church, I went to the emergency room, where they concluded it was a “harmless” condition. Since I don’t have any medical insurance (or any savings), I applied for Medi-cal coverage. As I was driving to work this morning, the hospital called with the bad news: I’m only covered for charges in excess of $2,313, and I owe just about that amount.

I can’t say that news didn’t hurt. And it did bring tears to my eyes for a moment. But then I fought back. I started “calling out” God’s promises, like Phil 4:19 (My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus) and I Peter 5:7 (casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you). I started thanking Him for supplying everything I need to pay off those bills, and I told the Lord I am trusting Him to pay them off.

Then the Holy Spirit made a countermove against the enemy. Randy called and started praying for me over the phone. Then he asked me to share my testimony with Maria, a lady he had just witnessed to at the laundromat, about the power of God’s promises and praise. I did, and it totally restored my peace.

That made me wonder, how often do I “bury” myself with my own defeated thoughts? But if I speak out God’s promises instead of whining about my rotten circumstances, things begin to happen. I know something happened in the spiritual realm today when I shared my testimony with that woman. No, I don’t have the money yet. But I do have the confidence that God will supply it, JUST AS HE PROMISED.

Hebrews 10:23 says, “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.” No matter what my circumstances, GOD IS GREATER.

If you’ve been “bumped” by the enemy today, pull out your sword (Hebrews 4:12), share your testimony, and fight back!

Your fellow soldier in Christ,
Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home