Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Declaring Your Independence From Bitterness and Hate

Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray that God is blessing your lives and drawing you closer in your relationship with Him. We just celebrated the independence of our country. I don't know about you, but the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I have so many special memories tied to the celebration of our country's independence. I also think it's important to remember that the freedoms we enjoy came at a great price. Like many of you, I have had many family members who have fought in just about every major conflict in our nation's history; including a son and a brother fighting in Iraq. I, like most of you, realize that our freedom has not come without the pain and suffering of loved ones throughout our history.

While we celebrate our country's independence once a year, we have another independence that we can celebrate everyday. You see, we all enjoy spiritual freedom because of the price paid by Jesus Christ. Jesus won the victory in a spiritual battle for our souls, and, as a result of his suffering, we can experience freedom from many of the sins used to defeat us. This week I will share with you some of the freedoms you can enjoy through faith in Jesus.

You no longer need to suffer from the feelings of bitterness or hate:

Matthew 5:43-44 (KJV) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 22: 37-39 (KJV) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

John 14: 12-18 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Christ, through the Holy Spirit, will give you the power to overcome hate and bitterness. Claim the victory in Him today.

Blessings to you all.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home