Thursday, June 23, 2005

Obey His Voice

Proverbs 21:23He Who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

1 Samuel 15:22 22And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

1 Samuel 16:17 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

John 10:25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[d]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."

It is so important that we listen for His voice that we follow and obey Him. For it is more important than any offering. Has God ever told you to help another person and you obey God’s voice? And then, the person you have helped does something to you that you do not think is right? And you feel betrayed by them. You begin to question why you did it for them in the first place and then resentment begins to set in. And then God reminds you, I asked you to do that? You did it for Me. I am certain we have all been there. Remember to lean not on your own understanding but on every Word of God. Listen for His voice and follow. God’s purpose may not always be made known to us but know He is in control and thank Him daily for it. Know that God’s plan is in the works and praise Him for using us to serve others, even when we do not understand or things do not turn out as we thought they would.

Dear Father, help us be obedient to your calling. Teach us to pray. Teach us to humble our hearts in prayer before you so that we can truly hear Your voice. Lord, I know if we were to see you right now we would fall to our knees and worship you. Help us to do that now. Help us to see Your Holiness and Your Love. Help us to show others who You really are. Lord, we want to hear Your voice so that we can walk in the paths you have for our lives. Lord, quiet us so we can hear you now. In Your precious Name we pray.

Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home