Thursday, July 28, 2005

Matthew 24:37-39

Matthew 24:37 As the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. 38 For in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah boarded the ark. 39 They didn't know until the flood came and swept them all away. So this is the way the coming of the Son of Man will be:

Luke 22: 39 But know this: if the homeowner had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40 You also be ready, because the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you do not expect."

It seems like every time I write I touch on this subject, but it runs like a drumbeat through my head. Everyone you talk to agrees that we must be getting close to the end. Even Non-Christian religions are getting their own signs (like the white buffalo being born) that the end is near. But are we doing anything about it?

We continue to go about our everyday business like normal. I don’t see any increased sense of urgency when we witness to people and I don’t see the majority of us living like we only have a few years left. Is it because we don’t believe or because we are lazy? I even know people who know they need to “get themselves right with God” but are telling me they will do it later. Do they have a later? I wonder if we are going to have an increased responsibility in God’s eyes because we are the end time generation?

Unfortunately, I have no answers. I do wonder though how many of us are going to be caught with our lamps empty. How many of us are going to say “If I had only known…..” Jesus is coming at an hour we don’t expect. The Bible makes it clear that the time of His coming will not be found in the book and only God knows. However, the Bible also says we should know by the approaching signs when the time is near.

Lord, help us to not get so caught up with the things of the world that we ignore the signs. Give us a boldness, Lord, to tell those around us that the end is near and use us to reach out to a dying world. In Jesus Name, amen!

Sincerely,

Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home