Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Revelation 8:3

Revelation 8:3 Another angel, with a gold incense burner, came and stood at the altar. He was given a large amount of incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the gold altar in front of the throne. 4 The smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up in the presence of God from the angel's hand.

I just returned from 4 days in Las Vegas. I got roped into taking my daughter for her 21st birthday since my ex-husband promised 6 years ago and was unable to fulfill his obligation. My current husband was "dying" to go and I let myself be talked into it. After all, Vegas has changed right? It's the new "family friendly" town.

My left earlobe! I knew I would probably be offended, but I was surprised at just how offensive it was. I did make some interesting observations though. I am certainly no super prayer warrior, but I do pray every day and spend time with God during the day. I've always found it easy to slip into God's presence and my prayer room at home has a lingering "aroma" of God.

God's presence is not on the strip in Las Vegas. I suppose that should not surprise me, but it felt very strange. I would find that I had gone hours without even thinking of God. When I did try to enter His presence, it was like blowing smoke into a fan. It immediately dissipated and I was simply unable to make contact. As bad as everything else was, that was the worst. Without my lifeline to God, I am lost.

Sincerely,
Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home