Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Peace

Peace is something we all long for, and in our life struggles Peace may seem far from where we are.
John 15:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Our only Peace is In Him.
In 2 Samuel 7 David expresses his peace in the Lord.......... 27 "O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, you have revealed this to your servant, saying, 'I will build a house for you.' So your servant has found courage to offer you this prayer. 28 O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. 29 Now be pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, O Sovereign LORD, have spoken, and with your blessing the house of your servant will be blessed forever."

These words David spoke to the Lord take me back to a point in my life, an exact day in fact, when the Lord spoke His word into my heart, told me He loved me and that I was His child. That day is an anchor for my soul. It is sometimes what seems to be my only Peace in this world. If you haven't sought the Lord and asked Him to speak to your heart, my prayer is that you would seek that and that He would give you your own experience of Him. My prayer for us all is that we would continue to seek our peace in Him. True Peace is found in nothing other than the Lord Jesus Christ and His Love that He has lavished on us.

Max and Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home