Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Fully Convinced

Romans 4:20 [Abraham] did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

In his CD on “Miracles,” Pat Robertson tells about an incident in the early years of CBN when his Board of Directors informed him that they needed $1.5 million to pay the bills within one week, or they would have to close the doors. Pat knew that God had called him to start CBN, but he had no clue how to get that much money. So he asked the Lord to show him the answer. Then he opened his Bible and started reading Romans chapter 4.

Suddenly, a verse caught his attention: “… being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform” (Romans 4:21). He read the verse out loud once… then twice… then a third time. He kept saying it over and over until it got into his spirit. Then he went to bed, knowing he had his answer.

The next day, he received a package from an anonymous donor containing savings bonds worth $500,000. Soon after that, he received a winning lottery ticket that the donor thought was worth $1 million. As it turned out, it was worth a bit less than that, but God did provide the money to keep CBN running.

In my own life, the Lord has been showing me that I receive pretty much what I expect from Him—and that I usually set my expectations way too low. I know He has promised to return my children to me and provide everything I need to take care of them. Recent incidents make that look almost impossible. But I have been meditating on Romans 4:21 for the past couple of weeks, and I am “fully convinced” that God is able to do what He has promised.

Are you facing an impossible circumstance? It can’t be any worse than Abraham’s circumstance when God promised him a son. Find a promise that fits your need (like Phil. 4:19), say it out loud and meditate on it until you are “fully convinced” that God is able to do what He has promised.

Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home