Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Throw Off

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” Hebrews 12:1-2

God has brought this verse to me many times in my reading and study of His word over the past couple of months. One time it came up in a reading and the author talked about how the race is not against others. It is the race God has for us. There is no need to compare. Some times our race requires us to jump hurdles. Other times we are sprinting. It’s our race between us and the Lord. Another time this verse came up I was discussing it with a friend of mine. She challenged me with the question of what do you need to throw off? What are the sins that entangle me? Maybe its pride or anger that is currently hindering us. Possibly it’s a relationship we know God does not want for us. Maybe it’s an addiction. My challenge for you today is the same one my friend gave me that day. Honestly ask the Lord to show you what needs to be thrown off or what entanglement do you need to get out of? Then let Him lovingly help you to run the race He has set out for you.

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home