Monday, August 08, 2005

Stop Some Traffic!

Matthew 10:1 And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Matthew 18:18 I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Being homeless for a year forced me to re-examine a lot of my beliefs. I never stopped trusting God, but I did start asking Him if I was doing something “wrong.” I started listening to “faith” teachers I had previously avoided, just in case they knew something I didn’t know! I just don’t want to stand before Jesus one day, only to have him sadly shake His head and say, “I wanted so much more for your life! I really didn’t intend for you to suffer so much. If only you had known….”

Recently, the Lord showed me that I have a lot more power over my circumstances than I realize. Jesus gave His disciples AUTHORITY “over all the power of the enemy” and to bind unseen spiritual powers that come against us. If we are His disciples, then we should be living with that same authority.

Picture a policeman in uniform. He gets out of his patrol car, walks to the middle of a busy intersection, holds up his hand, and traffic stops. Why? Because we recognize the AUTHORITY of that uniform. It represents all the power of the laws and government behind it.

Now, did the policeman bow his head in the middle of the intersection and say, “Lord, please make them stop?” Of course not. He knows his authority and how to use it. On the other hand, if he stood in the middle of the same intersection without his uniform, he would probably get killed.

Now, you don’t see a mayor or a senator or the governor stopping traffic. That’s because that authority has already been delegated to the policeman. It’s his job.

When we pray, “In Jesus’ name,” we are actually saying, “In the power and authority of Jesus.” That is a lot of power! If we don’t exercise the spiritual authority God has given us, we will go through a lot more trouble and experience a lot less victory.


Exercise some of your spiritual authority this week. When Satan sends an affliction on you, take authority over it and bind the spiritual forces behind it. EXPECT THE VICTORY.

Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home