Thursday, November 17, 2005

Psalm 8

It was a beautiful, crisp fall morning. I was on my way to attend the Highland Games (yes, I actually enjoy bagpipes) about an hour from my house. As I came up over a hill, the sun shown across a field, highlighting dew covered spider webs. There must have been tens of thousands of these webs, all perfectly outlined in a combination of light and water. My first thought was that low flying insects in this area don't stand a chance today!

But then the words of Psalm 8 came to mind. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Listen to some of these key phrases: You have set your glory above the heavens; the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you have set in place.

God planned for us to enjoy his creation. It gives us great pleasure and brings Him great Glory. God just didn't randomly place that field of webs on top of that hill. He knew I would be driving by and see an example of his Glorious presence and influence in the world. Furthermore, He knew that I would write to you with a reminder to take some time and smell the roses, enjoying the beauty of creation.

Psalm 8 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Blessings

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home