Monday, January 23, 2006

John 15:16

John 15:16

You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit, and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.


Have you ever stopped to really consider the fact that out of all the billions of people on this planet God has chosen you? That He reached down one day (for many of us, in the midst of our drugs, alcohol, and other addictions) and said “_______, Come follow Me.” Why? What do you or I have that is so special that the God of the Universe would want to be intimate with us? Why would a relationship with us be so important that He would be willingly beaten, humiliated and killed for us?

His answer is so that we can go out and produce fruit. The only way that is going to happen is if we use our time, energies, talents and finances to further the Kingdom of God.

I don't know why God chose me, but I do know that He did call me. He does want to be intimate with me and He did willingly suffer and die to be able to accomplish that. That makes me want to praise and worship Him with every fiber of my being. I also know that He made the same sacrifice for you. What is your response?

In His Service,

For His Glory,

Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home