Monday, January 09, 2006

I Thessalonians 5:16 - 18

I Thessalonians 5:16 - 18 “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

I went to GodBlogCon, a Christian blogging conference, this past October, and each attendee was given a bag of gifts. I didn’t look at them until a couple months later. One of the gifts was a small book, “God’s Blogs” by Lanny Donoho, in which the author explored the question, “What would God blog about?” There were long posts, about anger, time, laughter, prayer, and many other things. And there were tiny ones, called “Blogjots.” This week’s Breads will cover the blogjots that spoke to me.

“I miss hearing the sound of your voice telling Me what you’re thinking about.”

When I read this, it brought me to tears, because I knew He was talking to me.

It’s been too long since I just chatted with God and told Him all the things on my mind. I pray when I fear for my daughter, that He would bring her home safely. I pray for my needs. And I thank Him for the beautiful things I see when I drive, for that great parking spot, for it being time to go home from work. Needs and thanksgiving, now and then.

How much more, though, does God long for from me? How much more is there on my mind and on my heart that He would love for me to tell Him? He created us for relationship with Him, but my relationship with Him is spotty, and that’s my fault. He wants so much more.

Where are you on this? Does God miss hearing the sound of your voice? What issues of your heart have you been keeping from Him? Come to Him. Tell Him. For this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

May we all know the joy of continual prayer.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home