Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Christmas Promise

As a Sunday School teacher for senior high students, I'm always trying to pound into my students' brains the relevance of the scriptures. God put in on my heart that these kids need to know that, while the Bible was written so many years ago, it's messages are still important and meaningful for us today. There is no more relevant message to us Christians than Jesus' birth. Christmas is important because God showed the world He is more than capable of keeping His word. Despite the incredible statistical odds that Jesus would fulfill all the Old Testament prophesies (something like 1 times 10 to the 245,000,000 power), God did it.

On Christmas the Christian world is dramatically reminded that God sent his Son, Jesus, to save lost mankind from his sin and its devastating consequences of eternal damnation. I mentioned the fulfillment of old testament prophesies. However, Christmas is also a good reminder of the best news - that Jesus is coming back to earth for all who have accepted him as their personal Savior. According to Bible scholars there are 318 references in the New Testament about Christ's second coming to earth. And as every prediction in the Old Testament regarding Christ's first coming was fulfilled in minutest detail, we can be just as certain that every prediction in the New Testament regarding Christ's second coming will also be fulfilled in minutest detail.

John 14:2-3 (NIV) "In my Father's home [heaven] there are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me"

Be prepared brother and sisters. The Christmas promise continues to unfold before us. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Blessings,
Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home