Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Carrying What We Do Not Need To Be Carrying! Part 1

My breads will be coming out of the book called The Meal That Heals by Perry Stone Jr. This book has been so eye opening for me and I want to share what I can w/you. This weeks Breads will be about:

Carrying What We Do Not Need To Be Carrying!

When I found out I had breast cancer my mom said, I wish it was me and not you. She cried. If I didn't know how much my mom loved me before then, I certainly know now. She would carry this sickness for me even if it meant to her death.

How much more does Christ love His children? After 42 months of ministry, Christ and three disciples huddled under the gnarled olive trees in the garden of Gethsemane. As the disciples' eyes became heavy with sleep, the eyes of Christ pierced the veil of what was coming as He begged that the cup of suffering would pass from Him. (Matthew 26:39)

In the darkness, Christ interceded to His father for three hours. (Matthew 26:36-46) Luke indicated that "His sweat became as it were great drops of blood" (Luke 22:44) Luke said He entered into agony. The greek word is agonia and it implied extreme emotional stress. Why was Christ under such mental pressure? How could His sweat become as great drops of blood?

Only Christ and God were aware of what was about to unfold. The pressure of the sins of the world was being transferred to the Son of God. Satan was unaware of of this process. 1 Cor. 2:8 "Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory.

Colossians 2:14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to the cross."

2 Cor. 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."

For the love of God is so great that He became man only to be beaten and nailed to the cross so that we may have eternal life with Him.

My prayer is that we understand that though our sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow, though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18 I, even, I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

My mom cannot take my cancer from me. But Jesus can and did take away our sins. Why are we still carrying them around? Drop the baggage right now and allow God to cleanse you and make you white as snow. He remembers them no more, who are we to carry it around after all that Christ went through?

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for bringing us to Your Word. Thank you for loving us so much that you have taken away our sins so that we may have eternal life with you and a life full of abundance. Help us to stop carrying our shame around and turn to you in total faith. Help us to shine for you! Lord thank you for all you have done and give us the strength to let go of our shame and understand what You did for us on the cross. It is in Your name that we pray. Amen.

Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home