Monday, November 28, 2005

Isaiah 9:6

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders, And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6

This week I would like for us to examine the names of Christ that the prophet Isaiah used in his description of the upcoming Messiah. The first name I would like to examine today is Wonderful Counselor. The original Hebrew word for wonderful in the Old Testament is pele, which is a variation of the word pala, which means great, wondrous, marvelous. Webster's dictionary defines wonderful as excellent, fine. Do you ever think about how wonderful Christ is? How marvelous, great, and excellent He is. The word for counselor in the original Hebrew is yaats which means advise, determine, guide, purpose. Put those words together and you will find that Christ gives marvelous advise, He is an excellent guide and He gives us purpose. Christmas can be an extremely stressful time of year for so many. We are short on funds, time and joy. Maybe today we could seek the Wonderful Counselor and ask Him to guide us through this Christmas. Lord, help me to make smart financial decisions. Lord, help me to somehow mend these family relationships that seem to intensify around the holidays. Lord, help me to focus on what the season means. The birth of my Savior. There is no way to even put a value on how much that gift is worth. The Lord’s Christ born to woman, on a silent, holy night among the animals sent by a loving heavenly Father so I would not perish, but have everlasting life. Wow, isn’t that wonderful? Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life.” John 14:6 Seek the Wonderful Counselor to show you the way and ask Him to reveal His truth to you. He is waiting to hear from you today. He sets at the right hand of the throne of God and intercedes for us. Praise His excellent, marvelous name!

“Yet I am always with you; you hold me by the right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” Psalm 73:23-26

Lori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home