Tuesday, November 22, 2005

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 9 Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: no sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, or swindlers will inherit God's kingdom. 11 Some of you were like this; but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

My past slapped me pretty hard a couple of weeks ago. My daughter is pregnant and found out her blood factor is Rh-. We were both under the mistaken assumption that for this to be the case, one of the parents had to be Rh-. I knew that both her father and I were Rh+. For about 10 minutes I was pretty hysterical. No, I had not been having an affair, but I had to admit that with the drug and alcohol induced haze in which we lived, anything was a possibility. A quick bit of research on the Internet assured me that a recessive gene was entirely possible and her dad's looks, dimples and ugly feet clinched the deal. It was a very sobering few minutes though.

However, after the shock of the first horrifying realization wore off, I ran smack dab into the redeeming quality of Jesus Christ. You see, I'm not like that anymore! I don't have to live a life wondering what happened when I was in a walking blackout. I don't have to wake up and wonder why I taste like an ashtray when I "don't smoke". I don't have to wonder where my next bag of weed will come from. I've been washed! I've been redeemed! That is why I praise Him! People might think my Pentecostal worship is a little "emotional", but I can guarantee you it's not nearly as emotional as trying to figure out who the father of your 21 year old daughter might possibly be! It's not nearly as emotional as the screaming, yelling fights and chaos that comes with a life of drugs and alcohol. You see, I have more than just a little praise to give Him. He didn't just change my life, He saved it. Thank God for the cleansing power of the Blood!

In His Service,
For His Glory,
Deborah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home