Thursday, December 08, 2005

2 Timothy 1:7

2 Timothy 1:7 (Amplified)
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of a calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection].

I’ve written a lot about fear in the past because it has been an issue in my life. Anytime I allow even the slightest trace of fear, doubt, or anxiety to enter my mind, the enemy gets a foothold. I can tell you with 100% confidence that fear postpones—sometimes indefinitely--what God wants to accomplish in our lives.

So, the big question is, how do we fight that fear?

Only one thing works: Love. But I don’t always “feel” God’s love. What’s the answer? I have been training myself to respond to my fears by immediately saying out loud, “I love You, Lord. I love You, Jesus,” over and over, until the fear dissipates. The more I hear myself saying it, the more I feel my love for Him and His love for me. Try it, it works!

Yours in Christ,
Cathleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home